Mauritius is a lovely island with some of the most gorgeous blue and white seas and a panoramic golden beach. The breathtaking scenery, scuba diving, snorkeling, historical buildings, and the cool climate have made the country a favorite spot for travelers and honeymooners alike. One of the exciting parts of visiting Mauritius is discovering its many hidden gems, including its unique culinary experience. While you may not find Michelin-starred restaurants, you will get some of the best cuisines in the Indian Ocean region, with stand-out dishes, exceptional service, and a relaxing atmosphere. From fine dining to quick bites, AFRIKTA has covered the best restaurants in Mauritius that will make you love more this beautiful island.
1. Le Château de Bel Ombre: Best fine dining restaurant in Mauritius
One thing is undeniable: Noboby can genuinely describe Le Château de Bel Ombre, because you have to experience it. Located in a gorgeous venue, inside and outside, Le Château de Bel Ombre is arguably one of the best fine dining restaurants in Mauritius. Its gastronomic cuisine features a wide range of gourmets. The combination of delicacies and impeccable service of experienced waiters will impress you. If you are looking for an authentic culinary adventure in the heart of the Mauritius island, make sure you visit Le Chateau de Bel Ombre. Spoil yourself and your loved ones at this beautiful architectural mansion with some exquisite dishes and a guided tour.
- Founded in: 1765
- Rating: 4.6 out of 5 based on 232 Google reviews
- Cuisine: French, European
- Address Location: Heritage Le Château, Domaine de Bel Ombre – Mauritius
- Reservation Contact: T: +230 601 55 29 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Le Pescatore: Best restaurant in Mauritius with a view
Situated by the beach at Mon Choisy, Le Pescatore restaurant enhances the gastronomic experience for anyone wishing to enjoy excellent cuisine. With the natural beauty of the surrounding, Le Pescatore is one of the best restaurants in Mauritius that shows a spectacular view of the sunset and the ocean. Renowned for its culinary delights, the restaurant Pescatore is a good mix of French cuisine with a Mauritian touch. Compared with other restaurants in the area, Le Pescatore is quite pricey but well worth it.
- Founded in: 1990
- Rating: 4.6 out of 5 based on 165 Google reviews
- Opening times: Monday to Saturday from 12.00 to 14.00 and from 19.00 to 22.00
- Address Location: Coastal Road B36, Trou-aux-Biches, Mauritius
- Reservation Contact: +230 265 6337 or +230 265 6973 | Email: info [@] lepescatore.com
3. Domaine Anna: Best romantic restaurant in Mauritius
Established in December 2005, Domaine Anna restaurant is a splendid venue for tasty gastronomy where conviviality and serenity meet. It is also a beautiful spot that combines pleasure, flavor, and a joyful ambiance. Food can be served in the restaurant’s main dining room, on the specially designed veranda, or in the garden, beneath the traditional kiosks over the ponds. On Friday and Saturday nights, renowned local musicians entertain the guests with music. Domaine Anna is among the best romantic restaurants in Mauritius that serve exquisite food at reasonable prices, considering the high-quality and service provided. Also, as one of the best restaurants for dinner in Mauritius, it is recommended to make a reservation at Domaine Anna, especially on weekends.
- Founded in: 2005
- Rating: 4.2 out of 5 based on 1,804 Google reviews
- Address Location: Medine, Flic en Flac, Mauritius
- Reservation Contact: +230 453 9650 | Email: email@example.com
4. Le Capitaine Restaurant Grand Baie: Best seafood restaurant in Mauritius
If you are looking for the best fish to eat in Mauritius, Le Capitaine is the place to go. The restaurant has a beautiful view overlooking the ocean, making it a great place to relax and enjoy a delicious meal. Located in the village of Grand Bay, the Restaurant Le Capitaine offers a delectable selection of seafood cuisine that is cooked to perfection and presented artistically. Moreover, Le Capitaine restaurant has been offering its customers an innovative local cuisine, where each product is authentic and fresh. Over the years, Le Capitaine has earned a reputation for being one of the best seafood restaurants in Mauritius in terms of service and food quality. You can either have a romantic dinner with your significant one or bring your family for a nice meal.
- Founded in: 1989
- Rating: 4.1 out of 5 based on 750 Google reviews
- Address Location: B13 Royal Road, Grand Baie, Mauritius
- Reservation Contact: (+230)2636867 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Le Chamarel Restaurant: Best Creole restaurant in Mauritius
Located in the heart of Mauritian culture, Le Charamel is a premium restaurant that serves some of the best local cuisines, perfect for Mauritian food lovers and tourists. The owner has brought an incredible amount of love and care to his restaurant, and the results speak for themselves. Also, the Chef strives to use the best and freshest ingredients to create healthy and delicious meals. The ambiance is unique and cozy, and the staff is friendly and welcoming. Open for breakfast, lunch, and afternoon rhumtails, the spectacular setting is perfect for weddings and special events. If you want to experience a refined creole cuisine at its best, you should try Le Charamel restaurant.
- Founded in: 2009
- Rating: 4.4 out of 5 based on 1,147 Google reviews
- Address Location: La Crête, Main Road, Chamarel, Mauritius
- Reservation Contact: +230 483 4421
6. Le Château Mon Desir: 5 Star restaurant in Mauritius
Lovers of 5-star restaurants will be delighted by the incredible food at Le Chateau Mon Desir. Located in the beautiful Maritim Estate, it offers a “la carte” menu, which includes a variety of exquisite dishes, all prepared using the finest ingredients. The restaurant is open to both residents and tourists where they can enjoy international specialties such as French and Indian Ocean delicacies without having to leave Mauritius. Experience the highest quality cuisine combined with attentive services in the tradition. The Mauritian Chef of Château Mon Désir, Nallan Seeven has extensive experience in the industry and has worked with numerous prestigious Chefs. Today, Le Château Mon Désir is among the top restaurants in Mauritius.
- Founded in: 2009
- Rating: 4.6 out of 5 based on 118 Google reviews
- Address Location: Maritim Resort & Spa Turtle Bay – Balaclava, Mauritius
- Reservation Contact: +230 204 1000 | Email: email@example.com
7. Red Phoenix Restaurant: Best Chinese restaurant in Port Louis Mauritius
Featuring a selection of great Chinese cuisine, the Red Phoenix Restaurant will take you on a journey to China without leaving the island of Mauritius. The cuisine style is both authentic and modern, which means that no matter what your tastes are, you will be able to find something that will suit your needs. Being one of the best Chinese restaurants in Port Louis, Mauritius, Red Phoenix Restaurant is the perfect place to discover the authentic flavors of Chinese cuisine. Located in the heart of the capital of Mauritius, it is also ideal for family dinners and a great spot to catch up with old and new acquaintances.
- Rating: 4.3 out of 5 based on 637 Google reviews
- Cusine specialty: Chinese
- Address Location: 21 Mère Barthélemy St, Port Louis, Mauritius
- Reservation Contact: +230 212 3195
8. Happy Rajah: Best Indian restaurant in Mauritius
Another great place to eat in Mauritius is Happy Rajah restaurant. It specializes in Indian cuisine, and its extensive menu of classic and modern Indian dishes will leave you feeling like you are on a trip to India. Its courteous and friendly staff will make you feel welcome and ensure that you have a great culinary experience. So, if you are looking for the ideal place to discover the tasty Indian cuisine with all its authenticity, look no further than Happy Rajah restaurant. It is one of the best Indian restaurants in Mauritius.
- Founded in: 2009
- Rating: 4.3 out of 5 based on 980 Google reviews
- Address Location: Route Royale B11, Grand Baie, Mauritius
- Reservation Contact: +230 263 2241 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Written By AFRIKTA Editorial Team
People Also Viewed:
Del Place Restaurant is a romantic spot of attraction with a different ambiance day and...
The old Spice Route that linked India and the East Coast of Africa is brought...
Five Senses Restaurant is a family-run French fine dining restaurant serving delightful plates of food...
Welcome to The Cellar Restaurant. The best restaurant in Kigali. Our goal is to produce...
One of Kigali's most fascinating restaurants is Yahudah Kitchen American Cuisine. Our specialty is delectable...
A Mexican-Inspired Snack bar in the heart of Lusaka. We are a snack bar inspired...
Established in 2000, Pimms restaurant offers lunch and dinner to individuals and groups. It offers...