OCP Mining was founded in Morocco in 1920 as the Office Chérifien des Phosphates. We started with a single mine at Khouribga. OCP began phosphate production in March 1921 in Khouribga, with exports via the port at Casablanca later that year. A second mine opened in Youssoufia in 1931, and a third in Benguerir in 1976. In 2008, the company became the OCP Group S.A., owned by the Moroccan Government and the Banque Populaire du Maroc. Since our creation more than a century ago, we’ve grown from a single operation to the world’s leading exporter of phosphate-based products.