When it comes to selecting a good restaurant in Kigali, Rwanda, there are so many possibilities, which makes it a stressful and time-consuming process. That’s why, at AFRIKTA, we’ve put together a list of Kigali’s must-visit eateries. Here are the best restaurants in Kigali that will have you going back for more, whether you’re searching for a memorable dining experience or just a spot to hang out with friends. And a trip to Rwanda isn’t complete without sampling some of the country’s most iconic dishes.
1. Sole Luna: Best Italian Restaurant in Kigali
Established in 2001, Sole Luna is one of the best restaurants in Kigali Rwanda that offers Italian food. Also, located in a friendly environment, sole lune is the perfect place to hang out with friends and relatives. The Italian restaurant has a variety of very tasty meals with great services at amazing rates. As a result, Sole luna has the best pizzeria in Kigali and the whole country.
It is also a welcoming environment for youngsters to spend quality time with their parents. Because the vibe and setting are amazing and welcoming. Another great tip is, if you want to enjoy a beautiful sunset over Kigali, then go there at the end of the day. You will not regret it. With its open-air environment, it is really good value for money. Thus, considering the quality, price, and the great menu that goes well beyond pizza, the sole luna restaurant is a place to return to and enjoy again and again. Sole luna meaning sun and moon is also the best pizzeria in kigali.
- Founded in: 2001
- Cuisine Specialities: Italian food
- Sole Luna menu: Pasta, Gnocchi and Risotto, fish, meat, pizza vegetarian, pizza with fish and seafood, bruschetta, and more
- Rating: 4.3/5 based on 925 Google reviews
- Address: KG 599 Street, Kigali, Rwanda| Phone: +250 788 859 593 | Email: email@example.com
2. Soy Asian Table: Best Asian Restaurant in Kigali
Welcome to Asia in Kigali. If you want a great spot to enjoy tasty Asian cuisines, then you should try Soy Asian Table. It is one of the best restaurants in Kimihurura Kigali that has beautiful gardens, great decor, and wonderful table settings. However, what makes it even more exceptional is the meal, which is cooked to perfection and has a genuine flavor. You can expect the best in terms of service and Asian cuisines as the top Asian restaurant in town. Not the cheapest but one of the fantastic restaurants in Kigal along with awesome customer services. So you want to have a memorable dining experience in Rwanda, you should certainly give it a try.
- Founded in: 2015
- Cusine specialties: Asian, Chinese
- Soy Asian Table Kigali Menu: Spicy Veg, Beef Shumai, Chicken Dumplings, Xiaolongbao Soup, Seafood, prawn and more
- Rating: 4.5/5 based on 192 Google reviews
- Location: 37 KN 14 Ave, Kigali, Rwanda | Contact: +250 789 099 859 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The Best Nigerian Food In Kigali
As the name implies, The Best Nigerian Food In Kigali is a great restaurant that specializes in Nigerian cuisine. Located in the stunning city of Kigali, the bestnigerianfoodinkigali offers tasty Nigerian dishes. from Jollof Rice to Coconut Rice to Pepper Soup to Efo-riro. there’s something for everyone. All of it is made with the best culinary talent available in this part of the world. So if you want to eat delicious African food, The Best Nigerian Food In Kigali is worth a try. Also, they offer online food delivery services. It is quick and very reliable. Welcome to Nigeria in Kigali, Rwanda.
- Established in: 2019
- Cuisine specialties: West Africa, Nigerian
- Menu: Rice, Soup, Beans, Plantains, Regan, Pasta, Nigerian Snacks, Stew and more
- Rating: 4.9/5 based on 16 Google reviews
- Address: KN 4 St, Kigali, Rwanda | Contact: +250 784 102 706| Email: email@example.com
4. The Hut: The most Recommended Restaurant in Kigali
Firstly, established as a boutique hotel with a pool, The Hut Restaurant is one of Rwanda’s best eateries located in kimihurura, Kigali. The restaurant has one-of-a-kind international cuisine that uses locally sourced, organic Rwandan products. Additionally, people love dining on the outside terrace, which offers a beautiful view of the Kigali hills. On weekdays, lunch service and afternoon conferences can be arranged with advance appointments.
The Delicious food, really friendly atmosphere, and top-notch service from the staff make The Hub one of the best restaurants in Kigali. Also, the location and ambiance are very pleasant and the health precautions taken for Covid, meet the highest standards. So even in this pandemic time, it is one of the safest and best places to hang out in Kigali.
- Established in: 2016
- Cuisine specialties: Rwandese
- Menu: Chicken curry, fish, vegetarian, vegan options, and more.
- Rating: 4.4/5 based on 643 Google reviews
- Address: 1 KG 646 Street, Kimihurura, Kigali | Contact: +250 783 419 980 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. L’Épicurien: Best French Restaurant In Kigali
In the center of Kigali, in Kimihurura, L’Epicurien serves classic French cuisine. As one of the best restaurants in Kigali, it is the ideal place to unwind after a long day, whether you want to savor their three-course lunch menu or a special menu in the evenings. It also serves as a gathering point for all Kigali’s French-speaking expatriates. The staff, a young and active team that never fails to inquire about the quality of the time spent with them. As for the setting, the garden is large and well-kept, with lovely arbors all around. This is also one of the best romantic restaurants in Kigali. So, with its sumptuous surroundings, exceptional service, good quality food, L’Épicurien is indeed the perfect place for those eager to discover French culinary culture or for any expatriates.
- Established in: 2013
- Owner: Olivier Béal
- Cuisine specialties: French
- Menu: fillet of beef, cordon bleu, gratin dauphinoise, tilapia fillet with ginger, gambas with pili-pili, vegetarian dishes, and more
- Rating: 4.4/5 based on 276 Google reviews
- Address: 22 KG 674 St, Kigali, Rwanda | Contact: +250 789 175 868 | Email: email@example.com.
6. Khana Khazana Kiyovu- Best Indian restaurants in kiyovu kigali
Founded in 2009, Khana Khazana Kiyovu is today among the top Indian restaurants in Kigali Rwanda. Khana Khazana Restaurant currently has two branches in Kigali: Kiyovu and Nyarutarama. Due to the Pandemic, they strictly adhere to the covid regulations set forth. It’s the perfect spot in town for a much-needed break after a long week at the office. Above all, Khazana restaurant has a wonderful ambiance, is surrounded by gardens, and offers open-air eating with exceptional service. All of which combine into a fantastic dining experience. So, you can enjoy exquisite cuisine at a very reasonable price.
- Established in: 2009
- Cusine specialties: Indian
- khana khazana kiyovu menu: Subzi taka tin, tandoori chicken, hariyali fish, chicken tikka masala, butter chicken, and other dishes
- Rating: 4.4/5 based on 620 reviews
- Address: 9 KN 31 St, Kigali, Rwanda | Contact: +250 788 499 600 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Inka Steakhouse
Managed by Nicole Ansoni, a Rwandese entrepreneur, the Inka restaurant is located in the peaceful area of Kimuhurura in Kigali. As the name implies, Inka meaning cow in Kinyarwanda, Inka Steakhouse offers Kigali’s finest local steak to enjoy. Moreover, the restaurant provides the coziest, most romantic environment, with plush seats and ideal lighting. Also, the personnel is clean, kind, and professional.
- Founded in: 2016
- Owner: Nicole Ansoni
- Rating: 4.4/5 based on 431 Google reviews
- Cuisine specialties: Steakhouse, International
- Inka steakhouse menu: Steak, boneless ribeye, lamb shank, burger, and more
- Address: KG 605 St, Kigali, Rwanda | Contact: +250 780 302 666
To conclude, the pandemic’s impact has been enormous, with most of the greatest restaurants facing financial ruin and many others being forced to close. The industry, on the other hand, is returning to normal. So this list of Kigali’s greatest restaurants not only serves delicious foods but also provides an unforgettable experience: friendly service in a pleasant atmosphere. And all for a reasonable price. This may not necessarily imply low cost, but it does imply good value for money.
Written by AFRIKTA Team